Monday 30 December 2019

Days Inbetween

30.12.19:
Highlights of these last few days were:

* Dinner at mine with Jeanie, Daniel, Sylvie (French) and Beni (Swiss ). Managed quite well but it just ain't the same. Single hosting is hard work but at least I'm making an effort to be more hospitable!
*  After an apéro chez moi, Martine and I took Nicole to dinner at the restaurant to celebrate her birthday. I had octopus salad for a starter and to my surprise, enjoyed it. Much to our annoyance, there was a table of 4 Brits, two of whom were pompous and overbearing ..... and they left the door wide open when they left! I hung my head in shame for them. We were offered a digestif on the house which made a nice end to the evening.
Back home, I marinaded the venison for New Year's Eve dinner and cleaned the stove (don't ask unless you are desperate to know why!). Eat your heart out Cinders! 

But mostly it was routine stuff; a trip to the market, supermarket shopping with Nick, coffee with Jean and Françoise, also with Nicole, TV (a lot), treadmill (only once; shame on me!)
Weather:
Temperatures between 12° - 18° . chilly morning and beautiful clear blue skies

No comments:

Post a Comment