Friday 2 January 1970

1966 All Grist to my Mill!

 1966: Spreading my Wings


My first visit was a week long Field Study course in Dale Fort as part of A Level studies. Travelled alone by train and met students from all over; one of them said he had thought I was one of the tutors on the course. Always did look older than my age! The fjords of Milford Haven, Viking traces in Solva and Skomer Island and making friends with Sue from Didcot were all part of the experience. No camera in those days; don't know why but the image that remains with me is of trees bent at 90° by the orientation of the wind. This photo comes from the Centre's site. It was obviously a week well spent as I got an A Level 'B' pass. 

PS: Retrospective posts before 1st Jan 1970 can't be published hence the discrepancy between the dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment