Friday 8 August 2008

Home Alone


Christian is away playing golf and the family have gone out to the lake. Peace perfect peace. This week has just sped by - I had my first near drowning - I kid you not! I thought my ability to keep at least one foot on the floor of the pool was too good to be true. Yesterday our friends Jacques and Yaneth launched a book that they have published. It gives little-known facts and figures about the Olympics and is a must for any pub quiz fanatic. In the evening there was a debate with three local sports people followed by a mean "punch" served around the fountain.
Talking about the Olympics - what about our President's "U turn"? A little while back he was saying that the Chinese would not dictate his diary and who he should meet. Now, with nasty noises having been made in Beijing about contracts being revoked he's off to the opening ceremony and Carla will meet the Delai Lama next week in his place. I understand that neither Gordon nor Angela will be there. From the photos I've seen it seems that Gordon is having a jolly old time on his holidays and did I hear that he's taking up Pilates? I only ask ask as I intend to join a class this autumn - at least there won't be any "chips".
This evening it was Valérie who put on the pinny to do the meal which was on a Normandy theme. Fish flambé in Calvados and a tarte tatin. Scrummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment