Saturday 14 August 2010

The Bells are Riging ....

The day of Ollie and Tash's wedding dawned .... yes, you've got it in one .... grey and wet but it did let up when she came out of the church and it was possible to take a few photos. They were so lucky to have been lent the grounds of a lovely
manor house next to the church both of which originated in the 13th century and to have an uncle who has a big marquee. The food was well prepared and presented, of the nouvelle cuisine variety and the wine was excellent. The white was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which took me back to our visit there when I first discovered it at a wine and music festival on an island off Auckland.
The wedding went well apart from Dad's two wives being in the same place at the same time. They were seated in the same pew, seperated by Christian and I,though thankfully not at the same table!
Here is Mum looking like the Queen Mother and Christian looking pretty debonair. The little skinny one is my lovely, very young looking sister and the not so skinny one is our brother-in-law John. They can be rightly proud of Ollie and indeed of their other three. After a career in social work, it's just great to see a family who actually like each other and are happy in each other's company.There's only one left who's not married but Simon is a lad after my own heart. He and his partner Kim have decided to forget the stress of a big do and opt for a wedding whilst on holiday in a romantic location. Christian and I certainly had a no-stress affair but I don't suppose anyone would call Prestick "romantic"!
I know you're all dying to know what I wore .... it was so cold that in the end I went for the cream trouser suit that I'd taken with me just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment