Monday 27 May 2019

Fun Over, Duty Calls


26.5.19:
My civic duty took me over to the Mairie to vote before coffee. There were an array of possible lists to vote for including one that featured a dog rather than a human on its posters.
Felt out of sorts over coffee. Only 4 of us there and conversation was dominated by the person who usually dominates any conversation whoever is there.
Spent the afternoon sorting out my tax papers before the deadline is upon me.
Ended the day as it started at the Mairie this time for the count. Marine Le Pen's party "Rassemblement National" was predicted to be the overall winner and the village didn't buck the trend.
Weather:
23°, sunny

27.5.19:
This morning duty called again, this time for a committee meeting. Then went with Maggie to the supermarket and the fridge is looking happier than it's done for many a week!
Cooked and "prepped" (Jill's got me at it now) for Ken and Kathy, the NZ cousins' visit. Early evening I kept myself busy and  wondered when JJ would come to help with my tax return. Finally phoned him only to find that he'd come home exhausted and forgotten.
So, tomorrow's plan to meet Ken and Kathy seem likely to be thrown out.
As all this was going on there was a crisis with Mum who had worried me when I'd phoned. Suffice it say that she's let her leg get into a state and never said a word. Upshot, Alison spent 6 hours of her birthday with Jill in A and E and Jill was robbed of some much needed "me time". Mother played up not wanting to go, then wouldn't stay the night at Jill's. Spare me from ever becoming so selfish. Not best pleased that she hasn't a thought for Jill.
The sunset is perhaps indicative of my sentiments!
Weather:
24°, sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment