Wednesday 9 June 2021

June 2021: A Milestone Reached!


 June 2021: 
Yippee!

 The song goes "June is bustin out all over" and that's just how it feels. The weather is much warmer and on the 9th the curfew was pushed back to 23h. Enjoying a coffee in the square listening to the fountain, a saxophonist practicing in the Maison pour Tous and watching the world go by, c'est la vie. Some feeling of normality has returned. Of course, normal always includes the routine things of of life, too. I'll get those over first :

Had some IT issues which Nick helped sort out and Dominique came to paint another two sets of shutters.

The photo project continues ad infinitum but you know me 'I've started, so I'll finish' . . . . whenever that maybe.

Needed to do some shopping other than for food and Jacques was kind (not to mention patient) enough to chauffer me around. Found the planter tray at the 4th attempt, a cable found at the 3rd attempt but at 28€ was left on the shelf and a watering can found straight off. Took more time than we'd anticipated so on returning it was time for tea which we had at his place. We were later joined by Michel; the tea pot was put away and the bottles came out. 

Over the two weeks there were teas and coffees with Hortense, with Françoise, with 5 other Brits, with Nicole, with Martine and with Michel. In return, I had Michel around, Jacques too. Even made it as far as Céret one morning with Michel and on going our separate ways, me to the money machine and on a bit of walk to see what changes had taken place, I met up with Henri who I joined for a coffee. There was also an invitation for Martine, Carmen and myself to Nany's for tea. Sat around the table talking, drinking Earl Grey and eating fresh raspberry and cream cake. Pity that the apéro that I had with Dani and Ann at the bar one Sunday evening didn't cut it as far as 'raport 'qualité/prix' was concerned. 

Still we were on the countdown to the 9th and the opening of the village restaurant. A real treat on the horizon. Martine and JJ came for an apéro before we went to take up our places on the terrace of the restaurant. Meal was excellent from start to finish and didn't disappoint.

You'll perhaps be asking 'where are the walks?' Just hasn't worked out and the photos have been distracting me. Well, for distracting I'd be more honest if it read obssessing. Now it's too hot. All is not lost though; I can go back to using the treadmill and the gym sessions for 'oldies' will continue until end June.

Weather: 23° - 35° most days were sunny all day long
Despite being whiter than white, my shorts made an appearance from the back of the wardrobe as temperatures soared and the watering can earnt its keep given the pump in the well has stopped working. Hey ho, just another thing to sort one day or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment