Tuesday 13 July 2010

Edofglasgow

Suzanne telephoned this evening out of the blue bringing terrible news of our friend Eddie who had died following a heart attack. Knowing how we feel, we can well imagine the effect on the family and are thinking of them.Eddie was one of the faithful few who kept up with our daily doings via the blog and only went home from here a couple of weeks ago. It's so hard to believe that when I open my inbox there will be no email from him about the family, things French and Glaswegian and of course Celtic and all with his own particular brand of humour. No more Andy Murray,no more Leonard Cohen and no more Frankie Lee and Judas Priest.

Well, the moral of the story
The moral of the song
Is simply that one should never be
Where ones does not belong
So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin'
Help him with his load
And don't go mistaking Paradise
For that home across the road.
(Bob Dylan)

I never knew why this was Eddie's party piece; I wish I had asked him but reading this it's come home to me that this was indeed his philosophy ....

No comments:

Post a Comment