Tuesday 7 December 2010

Another World

The Association which supports some women in the Congo gave a presentation about Linde and Marie-Andrée's visit there to take equipment. They had numerous adventures along the way in difficult circumstances.I don't think I could now put up with such privation however good the "cause" but they are obviously made of sterner stuff.we were all very moved by what they had to say and from their experience there, a new goal was suggested for the next year to break the pattern of women's devaluation. It is hoped to sponsor a number of girls to go to secondary school as at the moment the custom is for them to stay home, work or marry once primary school is finished. The boys of course, continue their education. I came away feeling that I really must review where I put my energies this year; into an Association that revolves mainly around enjoying yourself with a committee that doen't want to look farther than it's own navel!

No comments:

Post a Comment