Sunday 27 November 2016

Solidarity

27.11.16: Tête à Tête
Of course, I toddled over to the bar for coffee and was pleased that Patricia joined Maggie, Martine, Rosie the Maire, Jo and Yasmin. Yes, she's back from UK, bringing chocs and mince pies that amazingly survived the flight, for me. As the morning wore on, there was only Rosie, Patricia and I left by apéritif time. We talked and talked in the way that women do when they feel at ease with each other  Patricia said that she had had such a good time that she wanted to invite us for lunch so that it didn't have to end so soon. This was just how I'd hoped that the Café des Copines would work but I doubt that it will ever develop such intimacy. Still, that's another story.
Worked on the blog this afternoon so, as of now up to date. Yippee! Long may it continue!
Weather:
14°, cloudy

26.11.16: Giving Support
Went to the market with Maggie, met Françoise for coffee and then came back and had an apéro in the village. Warmed up the leftover stirfry for lunch and caught up with several emails and phone calls until it was time to go back to Christian's room for the latest vernissage.
Oh dear, I was the first to arrive, on the dot of 5.30pm and by 6pm there were only a dozen of us there. No one from the Mairie which was a shame as it was Ng's first exhibition; no friends of this enthusiastic and warm young artist either. Kitty and I had a fair bit of conversation with her in an all very relaxed atmosphere. Ng, who's self taught, uses a fine pen and ink for her designs, occasionally with a bit of colour. The patience she must have to do such intricate work. I'll need to go back and take a photo for you to see what I mean as my camera battery died on me as it had in Portugal; obviously didn't leave it on charge long enough. All very frustrating.
Went on from the apéritif to the bar and Kitty even had a glass of white wine which she finished!
Weather:
16° sun in the morning, heavy rain overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment