Friday 18 November 2016

Feet, Friends, Food and Fundraising

18.11.16: Catching up over Lunch
Toddled down to the carpark to take photos of those members of the Association that were going off to Spain to play boules only to find there wasn't a soul there. In fact there had been a last minute change of plan and they arrived later to play in the village. I came back later to do my duty and then went off to La Jonquera with Michel to do a bit of shopping. On the way back, we called in to see Juste and Joséphine and were warmly received and invited to stay for lunch. Joséphine's brother Nico and his partner Beatrice were there on holiday, so there was a lot of catching up to do.
An appointment at the hairdressers and some admin catch up took care of the afternoon.
Weather:
17°, sun, cloud later

17.11.16: While I'm here....
Only had a short time at the language exchange because I had a couple come to give me an estimate for a pellet burning stove. I immediately felt at ease with them as they made a thorough survey of the house and took their time to show me the models to choose from. Not that there was a huge choice as most were modern and wouldn't suit the house. Settled on a cast iron affair which was of course expensive but it was the one that caught my eye straight off.
There was only Ann, Terry and Nicole who stayed on for a drink at the bar after the exchange but no matter. Oh yes, and the cat, who like us, enjoyed the sunshine. Came home for lunch and to do some work on the blog before going to see the GP.
Every two years we have the right to a colon cancer screening (affectionately known by the Brits as a "poo test") available from the GP. She was out of them so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the new stock. While there, the GP had a look at my big toe nail as I thought it was infected. Sure enough, there's a fungal infection and I've to go for an analysis which takes 4 weeks for the results to come through. In the meantime I've a powder to put into my socks daily (yes, folks, if you're going to have this sort of thing, its better to have it in the winter than the summer) and a varnish to use once a week. Sorry if there's been too much detail.
There were 13 members of the public at tonight's coucil meeting mostly from the opposition. What I didn't understand, JJ filled me in on when we went to the bar from a glass of red wine.
Weather:
17°, blue skies

16.11.16: No Such Thing as a Free Lunch
Did quite a bit of admin and like always, frustrations abounded as I tried to register to pay my local and income taxes on a monthly basis. Gave up and invited JJ to lunch at the restaurant to say thanks for all his help past, present and to come.
Back home I made two cakes, one for tonight's apéritif dinatoire with music from Gadjololo (aka Lolo nickname, Laurent real name), a Téléthon event. He sang his most recent You Tube offering of a poem by Jany's father (an aclaimed Catalan poet) that he's set to music. Have a look at this clip as the photography gives a glimpse of the magnificence of our area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1wkBwgeBF But, I digress ...
back to the foyer where I ate, drank, danced and marvelled at Marie-Paul (who must be heading toward 70) and Lolo who à propos of nothing, did the splits! Here he is accompanying the Maire who's always game to sing.
Weather:
17°, sun and cloud

15.10.16: Moon
The moon that was visible early this morning was a bit more impressive. Only other thing of note was a costume try on for Saturday. Help, I'm getting more and more twitchy about it!
Weather:
14°, sun and blue skies




14.11.16: Energise your Crystals
A quick trip with Maggie to the tax office to find out why I hadn't had a rates bill and had a lovely surprise to know that this year I'm exonerated. We then went to the supermarket and then for a coffee where we met up with Nicole (yet another one) from the village.
Jacques called around and stayed for an apéro and after lunch I tried to do some work on the association web site but I couldn't settle so went and had a cuppa at the other café with Nicole P. We both went to the Mairie to write our positive comments about a new housing development that is being contentested.
There was a wonderful sunset but the full moon that was meant to be the biggest for 70 years was disappointing. Still, hopefully it will re-energise my rose quartz (meant to bring good health) anyway.
Weather:
14°, sun, afternoon wind

No comments:

Post a Comment