Saturday 9 February 2013

Tapas and Hats

The association's winter tapas evening took place this evening in the village hall. To ring the changes we asked peole to wear a hat or some kind of headgear. It was a great idea (even if I do say so myself)seving as an icebreaker and with some creations giving a laugh. We dug out Christian's Chinese hat, complete with pigtail and I wore my tartan viking helmet, complete with horns. Setting up, meeting and greeting, clearing up, cleaning up and general organising, Maggie and I did more than our fair share while dare I say it, others on the committee floated about .... are we bitter and twisted? You can bet your life we're starting to be! Even so, we still enjoyed ourselves and there's a great view living on the moral high ground! Ended the evening with David, Laura and Martine back at ours for a nightcap and this time Christian's toe remained unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment