Friday 16 February 2018

Mimosa street

As I don't have any photos for the posts below, I'm putting on the mimosa that's been decorating our street.


16.2.18: Lunch and Dinner Out
 Had to get on a move this morning as I was having my hair cut before meeting up with Penny and Pauline for our day out in Figueres. As usual we started with a coffee and this time I introduced them to "El Pau" a café/bookshop. The sales were still on and there were some bargains left to be had. I found a pair of jeans and a couple of tops. We had lunch at the 'Ous d'or" which, if your a regular reader, will know is a tried and trusted restaurant. Pauline was keen to leave no stone or should I say shop, unturned that a cuppa before leaving for home was a necessity.
No bowl of soup in front of the telly for me this evening as Gérard and Anna had invited Geneviève, Nicole K and myself for dinner. I had just enough time to drop off my bags before heading for theirs for dinner; a delicious couscous. Didn't get home until nearly 2am.
Weather:
Low cloud to start, drizzle on and off, lighter cloud later then a night time heavy mist

15.2.18: Putting the Brain into Gear
 Language exchange, tea with Beni and Sylvie (Franc/Swiss couple with a holiday home here) and a lot of pottering until it was time to go to the ciné club. Tonights offering was "Neruda" about the communist Chilean politician and poet. had to work pretty hard to make sense of the plot and had to come home to read up on him as it had been a bit difficult to sort fact from fiction. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4698584/
Weather:
16°, sun, cloud

14.2.18: Best Foot Forward?
Went to the local lab for an analysis of my problem toenail. Results take a month to come back; the woman wasn't sure that it had cleared up. Met Françoise for coffee and did nothing special for the rest of the day.
Weather:
10°, drizzle on and off

13.2.18: Coffee Out, Apéro Out
David , Laura and I set in good faith to do some cava shopping (no prosecco for us) but found the cellar closed as it was a fiesta day (Shrove Tuesday). Came back to the big shopping mall in La Jonquera for a coffee and wander around.
Started to archive a lot of articles on the association website; a long, tedious, methodical job. So glad to have made a start but there's a long way to go yet.
It wasn't all grind though as in the evening I was invited to JJ for an apéritif dinatoire and to catch up with his friends Dominique and Alain.
Weather:
10°, sun, blue sky

12.02.18: Dinner Out
Coffee with Nicole and a one course lunch at the bar. Meeting of "Project Bagpipes" which is moving very slowly after which Nany, Martine and I retired for a quick drink at the bar before it was time to be joined by André for dinner at Michel's.
Weather:
10°, sun, blue sky

No comments:

Post a Comment