Sunday 15 July 2018

Vive la France

15.7.18: Vive les Bleus!
Preparing lunch meant that my Sunday morning cuppa came later than usual and unusually, I didn' linger for long.
Had a lazy, lethargic afternoon; it was too hot to do otherwise.
Timed my trip to the bar, where we were booked in for the communal paella, to coincide with the end of the match. Needless to say the terrace of the bar was packed and everyone was in high spirits. You'll know of course that France won. Of course, there's all too much hype but the pleasing thing about this team is that they're not the "brats" (too polite to use the term that more adequately describes them) that the last team that included the like of Benzema was.
About 80 of us tucked into the paella which sadly was pretty mediocre. Mass catering at the bar is always a bad deal and if I hadn't been invited, I would have eaten at home. Sorry for being negative.
I did have a mini bottle of cava though to bring back a bit of sparkle and all the positive vibes around meant that no one, not even me, could small niggles spoil the evening.
Weather:
32°, very hot and sunny

14.7.18: Vive la Republique!
Glory, it was hot this morning for the "Bastille Day" ceremony. A procession to the war memorial, the Maire's speech in which he emphasised that there are still personal, national and international Bastilles to be felled, presentation of medals, sardane dancing and an "apéritif républican". It was too hot to linger without shade so Nicole, Nono, Evelyn and Iwandered to the bar for a coffee in the shade next to the cool of  the fountain.
Didn't have to prepare food as I was invite d to the cousin's for lunch and in the evening we ate the leftovers in the fridge after Nono had sorted out the light that I've been waiting for Sauveur to fix. My kind of day!
Weather:
32° very hot and sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment