Sunday 8 July 2018

Very quiet weekend

8.7.18: Another point of view
There were seven women for coffee at the bar, the terrible two included. Jacques came by later on and after an apéro, he invited Nicole and myself to help finish up the leftovers from Friday's meal. as ever he was very hospitable and we had a good discussion about the unrest in Nantes after the shooting of a young man by the Police.
Too well fed and too hot to do anything other than sit on the settee and watch my latest Netflix boxset, "Serangoon Road". It's an Australian production set in Singapore in 1964 and for once the Brits weren't portrayed as the "good guys".  That does make a change, doesn't it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serangoon_Road_(TV_series)
Just in case you're tut, tutting that I'm not exercising off all those calories, I'll have you know that I've done 1 hour+ on the treadmill for six of the last seven days. Not bad, eh?
Weather:
35°, hot and sunny

7.7.18: More Swedish than the Swedes!
Market with Michel  and Patrick. Didn't even have a coffee with anyone. Spent the afternoon at home waiting for the electrician to come; he didn't. Filled the time with doing some cooking to see me through the week and then at the end of the afternoon, I went to the bar only for as long as it took to take a photo of Nicole in the Swedish colours. Here she is with a couple of Swedes who have a holiday home here and not one to do things by half, she's even carrying an IKEA bag! How much longer must we suffer the football? If you're wondering why, if I'm not interested in the "beautiful game", I'm taking these photos, it's to put them in the Association's photo gallery on the web site in order to show that our members participate in the life of the village. Heck, I'm getting so boring but that's life at the moment.
Weather:
33°, sun, cloud later

No comments:

Post a Comment