Wednesday 30 December 2020

In touch with Friends

27.12.20 - 30.12.20:

Luckily I was saved from spending too much time with my faithful friend the tv,  real friends came by either for coffee (Françoise then Nicole plus her son and his partner the next day) or for tea (the other Nicole, Ken and inevitably his dog) thus also saving me from feeling obliged to work my way through the Christmas cake. There's certainly a lot of eating in it! Perhaps that's why I make it every year. With just as many calories on offer, I also put on an apèritif for Nicole's birthday with Jacques joining us at the last minute. It wasn't all eating though; I also had a couple of good walks. One by myself and another with Françoise. Fine weather in which to breathe in the scenery, fresh air and scent of mimosa. Can't be too smug though. ; team calorie is way out in front of team physical effort. No! Redressing the balance won't figure on my New Year's resolution list 'cos I aint making one!

Weather: 12°, blue sky and light cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment