Sunday 13 December 2009

3rd Christmas Market

I've been looking at the sky all week, hoping that the good weather would hold and it did. Temperatures dropped and during the day a snow alert was received at the Mairie for later on. Still at least it was dry and not too windy. Christian was enlisted to help set up the tables at 7.30am which he did with a good grace - he's a real wee treasure, isn't he? Glad to say that the market went well with a good atmosphere and only one complaint from someone who didn't sell anything and was freezing cold. Christian made and sold mulled wine for the website's coffers and we were next to the Association who were selling cakes and I find it hard to believe myself but I didn't have either a glass or a cake. It's amazing how far you can go on a bowl of porridge. Instead I saved myself for the paella which was prepared by the butcher and eaten outside. Mad or what? Had to send it back once as it was cold and when it came back it wasn't much better at which point we gave up. With both Father Christmas and St Nicolas in attendance, the kids were really excited and so was I when I won a couple of things in a raffle. We're obviously on a winning streak, Christian last week, me this. Maybe my one and only premium bond will come up for the first time... At the end of the day when all was cleared up we'd hoped to have a lazy evening but instead Flo (website supremo) asked us to eat with Father and Mrs Christmas at the bar. Thank goodness they were good company but I could have done without the extra calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment