Thursday 16 June 2016

Lackluster Week

16.6.16: Rain stopped Play
For once I gave the after language exchange apéritif a miss in order to go with Yasmin to La Jonquera. Started with a relaxed coffee out on a terrace and then did the shopping that we needed to do.
A thunder storm at 4.30pm put paid to our proposed neighbourhood get-together whih I wasn't that orry about as I'm still lacking in energy.
Called in to see Nancy early evening. JJ came by to help her with her computer and we all had a drink together. I then stayed on for a bowl of soup with her and long chats about the state of the world, the state of our personal lives and all stations inbetween.
Weather:
23° Sun, thunderstorm later

15.6.16: Pastures New
Not 100% but feeling more like my usual self today which is reassuring. Had coffee with Yasmin in town and then we picked up her husband Reza, to go to the Laetitia for lunch. Managed a good salad sitting on the leafy terrace not bothered by the road just the otherside. Funnily enough, after all the years I've been here, it's the first time I've eaten there. Was better than I'd imagined. http://www.restaurant-lelaetitia.com/
The rest of the day went well too. I managed to get the Spanish podcasts downloaded and Jackie came for tea.
Weather:
22°, Sun, rain in the evening

14.6.16: Food with Football Fans
Joined Nick first thing on his supermarket run and was home in time to have a coffee with Nicole P and Nancy who was meeting JJ for lunch. Refused their offer to join them.
Stomach feeling better in the afternoon which was just as well, as I was invited to Ann and Terry's for dinner along with Trevor and Judith, an Irish couple. The four of them plus several others are in a "fantasy football" league (look it up if you're remotely interested) and as Judith and Trevor had missed the awards ceremony, Terry did a very humouristic one specially for them. Even though, I'm known not to be the least bit into the beautiful game, there was something for me too.
Weather:
23°, Sun and a little cloud but too cool to have the apéritif outside

13.6.16: Taking it Easy
Woke at 3am with red, itchy hands. Think I must have been bitten but couldn't see any puncture marks. Still, a cream that I had soon calmed the irritation and let me get back to sleep.
Coffee with Nicole P, Valerie and Nancy. 
Gérard called by with a few girolle mushrooms and more cherries from Jacques so omlette was my inevitable supper. Still not very hungry but slightly less tired
Weather:
25°, rain shower in the afternoon

12.6.16: Intolerant Stomach
Feeling very tired but took myself to the café to meet the usual crowd.Christian stopped by with his son and I learnt that he'd thought that the meal at Angela's was dinner and not lunch, so by the time she winkled him out, he'd already eaten! You wouldn't have known!
Didn't stay for lunch; in fact gave lunch a miss altogether as stomach gently complaining. Just rested on the bed all afternoon.
Weather:
25°

11.6.16: Tolerant Hosts
Went into the market on the bus and bumped into Maggie with whom I had coffee and a long overdue catchup. tok the bus up amélie to have lunch with Angela and Paul (who have a holiday home there), a Canadian couple and Christian (who used to live in this village). We'd expected the latter to appear for the apéritif. After an hour Angela went to find him so that we could get on and eat. Have to say, that I didn't really do justice to the meal as I was feeling out of sorts. Too much to eat last night, too tired? Suffice to say, I'm not my jolly wee self. Could have happened at a worse time as tonight I was invied with Ann and Terry to have a bite to eat at Michel's. No appétit and not even interested in something to drink so I held it together until about 9.30pm when I bailed out.
Weather:
Cooler and cloudier with evening rain

No comments:

Post a Comment