Friday 24 June 2016

Only One Topic of Conversation

24.6.16: A Sad Day
Well, the leave vote has prevailed confirming my fears. There was no other talk in the café this morning but it was touching how many pople wanted to know what it would men for me. 10% off the value of my pension tout de suite for starters!
In need of cheering up, I stayed for an omlette with Nicole P, Terry, Ann and Marie-Louise. Came home, fired up the computer and had a look at the Government website to see about taking French nationality. Ploughing through it, reminded me why I've been putting it off for all these years!
Weather:
32° hot and sunny

23.6.16:Day of Reckoning
Language exchange this morning and of course Brexit was on the agenda. Couldn't help but smile when someone who's learning Catalan pronounced the "X" as Catalans do with a "ch" sound. My sentiments entirely ...... work it out!
Much to everyone's surprise, I took tea instead of rosé afterwards at the bar. I fear I'm going to need something stronger tomorrow.
In the evening the Café des Copines met at the bar before going down to the recreation ground for the "Feu de St Jean" which heralds summer - torchlight procession around the village, fireworks and a bonfire. Can't take the credit for the photos. It took Gérard with a tripod and a powerful lens on a super camera to capture them.
Weather:
32° Hot and sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment