Sunday 19 June 2016

Lackluster Weekend

19.6.16: Food with and from Friends
Feeling too tired to go to Jenny and Roger's party this afternoon though I found enough energy to go to the café. I ended up staying for just a one plate lunch with Nancy and Nicole without lingering too long. Needed to go home for a rest. Did a lot of email housekeeping which felt good and much to my surprise, Dani stopped by with a food parcel from the do. I'm too young for "meals on wheels"!
Weather:
23°, sun and wind

18.6.16: Wear White and a Hat
Slept well but still woke tired and made a slow start. Managed to get myself to the 18th June ceremony with Yasmin and Nancy but only drank water at the apéritif afterwards. I did succumb to some cava at the bar's 18th birthday celebration. Luckily, the threatened rain held off so good for Jean-Louis and Eve for holding their nerve and not cancelling. Went home to eat and slept for a good couple of hours until Nicole P came by to "talk". Just watched tv until it was time to go to bed.
Weather:
23°, pouring with rain first thing, sun then cloud again later.

17.6.16: Cool dudes?
Tonight was the association's tapas evening. What that meant was taking the necessary to the village hall in the morning and getting there early in the evening to set up and greet people. In between I met Nancy for coffee and tried to get a bit of rest.
The soirée had to be inside as the weather was threatening rain. Over a hundred people came and was a great success even though the theme for the evening "sunglasses" was a bit misplaced. If you're wondering about the guy with the carrots hanging from his head, he'd marked "rabbit sunglasses" on his headband.
Feel as if I'm running on empty and sadly, I didn't have any energy for people. One person even remarked that I was a bit "grumpy". He was wrong, I was very grumpy! Of course, there was the clearing up to do and of course, the President had already gone to take her husband home as he was fed up but there were other willing hands to help, thank goodness. Fell into bed exhausted.
Weather:
22°, Cool start, warm midday, afternoon shower, cool evening

No comments:

Post a Comment