Sunday 9 October 2016

Busy Weekend

9.10.16: Quick Change Over
Up bright and early to set up for the "Forum des Associations" which talks place at the same time as a carboot sale and small food fair. There was music, a farrier, pony rides, human towers and a percussion band. If you think that the tower on the photo looks impressive, you should see the exceptional ones that reach the giddy heights of 9 and 10 levels. Once again we were lucky weatherwise with warm sunshine. We did quite a good trade recruiting new members so I felt justified in having an apéritif offered by the Mairie for stall holders. Nicole P and I ate a rapid lunch of sausage and chips before finishing our shift. With Bernadette arriving from the airport in the afternoon, I needed to do a bit of last minute organisation (ie. wash the floor and get the kettle on!).
After said cuppa, we decided to go for a walk around the village but didn't get farther than the carboot sale where the late stayers were in the process of packing up. Straight off we bumped into Jean and Françoise and then Juste and Joséphine who we  persuaded to come with us for a drink at the bar. Jean was absolutely delighted to at last have one of my cross channel friends who could speak French. He was well impressed by her fluency and delighted in being able to have a discussion with her.
Neither Bernadette nor I was very hungry so when we finally went home it was a "fridge" supper and a bit of catch up tv.
Weather:
21°, sun and some wind

8.10.16: October Garden party
Had to abandon May and Suzanne to whizz for the 9h30 bus as I'd realised that I'd left my camera at Eamon and Liz's. At least I was able to show face at the sale of brioche (for an association for people with disabilities) which was right next to the bus stop. Oh, how those brownie points are stacking up. Better than plenary indulgences. (If you've not been brought up RC, you won't get the reference). What's more there was some urgency as they were due to be leaving about 10am and buses to and from the village are few and far between. It was quite a walk from the bus stop to their place but I made it and back again to get the 10h10 bus back to the village. What a good job that I hadn't accepted Suzanne's offer of a lift, as when I got back, I found an empty house and a note on the table saying that they'd had to go as their flight was earlier than they'd thought!
Caught my breath, went and had a coffee  and got ready to walk over to Martine's 70th birthday in her garden. It was lovely. Sun, champagne, endless canapés, lots of folk to talk to and a jazz group. All very pleasant after so much rushing around, as was the walk home and the well deserved night in .
Weather:
21° Cloud, sunny spells, light wind later

No comments:

Post a Comment