Sunday 6 August 2017

Heat and Dust

6.8.17: Best 2€ Worth I've Ever Had.
Stomach not so bad though still sounding like a tuba but having spent all day inside yesterday, it was over to the café without a moment's hesitation.
Met Nancy's current visitors; Linda, an ex ballet dancer/teacher turned biologist and Emma, a fresh faced young woman passionately interested in History. This village is amazing for the diverse and talented people that you can come across.
Back home, I did some more cleaning, a bit of cooking for tomorrow, more B and B hunting and caught up with one blog post.
After all the mundane stuff, this evening's musical offering at the bar was just fabulous! A group playing Rock, Latino and Soul wowed us all. A great evening of music all for the price of a cup of tea!
Weather:
29°, chilly start after overnight rain

5.8.17: Heat Wave Goes On
Gave the market a miss as my stomach is worse. You'll be relieved to be spared the details, I'm sure.
Despite my woes, I cleaned the cave (needs must and all that) and for a bit of light relief, continued my B and B research.
Jean and Françoise called by to check up on me which was kind and just the best medicine.
Weather:
35°, sun

4.8.17: Heat Wave
Went for an early coffee to makethe most of the cooler air. Then I came home to start the clean up ready for visitors next week. It was hot and tiring but I kept at it until the end of the afternoon with only a short break for lunch. Oh, Thérèse, why did you have to break your wrist when I needed you most? Don came by to see about the fireplace so there's more dust to come but I won't go there as it's too depressing to think about at the moment.
For some reason, my stomach has started rumbling and rolling. My goodness, what a moan I'm becoming. These two birthday cards sum up my current state: how I 'd like to see myself and how I'm actually looking!
Weather:
Another scotching day, 38°

No comments:

Post a Comment