Friday 18 August 2017

Three Reasons to Celebrate

Didn't rush to start the day so as to conserve my energy to tackle the tax people who I reckoned are taking too much money from me. Couldn't believe that you need to phone a premium rate number to contact a public service. Still, it was worth it. Apparently, the standing order for one of our local taxes is still current.
Despite:
* Informing them that Christian had died and changing it to my name only
* Receiving a rebate as it was overpaid last year
Talk about not joining up the dots. Much to my surprise the person on the other end of the phone took my instruction to cancel the mandate without me having to put it in writing.
Regis came after lunch to fix the leak. Apparently it's the mixer tap. Before he went off to buy a new one, the pair of us went along to Jacques' for a coffee with his lunch guests. Just to put you in the picture, it was Jacques who recommended him. So, that's another problem sorted!
Did some work on the blog and then walked over to Ann and Terry's for an apéritif dinatoire to mark Dani's 70th birthday which was a couple of weeks ago. (That's her in the blue dress).
I was having another of my tired phases and found my eyes closing a couple of times which meant that I lost the thread of the conversation ... but there again there was quite a bit of football talk!
Weather:
33°, hot and sunny; thunder, lightening and a very short downpour in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment