Sunday 14 April 2019

A Lot of Work, a Fair bit of Play and Not Enough Rest

8.4.19 - 14.4.19:

A slower start two days in a row! Even so, today (8th) I made it to the treadmill. Despite a well attended bagpipe meeting this evening, I failed to persuade someone to take the minutes. I despair. Went back to Jacques with Nicole, Jim and Mags and found ourselves having a drink (no surprise there) and sharing a meal of roast pork and potatoes which was a plus.
There was more to do on the bagpipes during the week; a meeting with Jacques and Nicole which extended from tea to apéritif time (10th)  and another with Penny who's going to coordinate one of the evening meals (12th) as well as work on the computer.
The association was ever present too. Work on the website plus other admin stuff. The language exchange, and a visit to see how the new embroidery workshop is going (11th). 
Also did a mammoth blog catch up which some of you have even read (or skimmed!) your way through.
It wasn't all slog though. Tea chez moi with Nicole  who needed a sounding board about life changes she's thinking of making, a drink at the bar with Lone who wanted some local restaurant advice and to give me the pin you can see in this month's album. Of course, Sunday morning an number of us met for coffee at the bar.
There was an apérobio (12th) at the bar starting off on the terrace then later inside when it was time to eat. Dani being away, Ann had recruited Mags in her place. Wish I hadn't followed the group and had the baked camembert. It was far too much and not worth the calories and cholesterol that no doubt will have scurried around my body. Called in to the restaurant on my way home to book a table for Nicole and myself the next day. Henri and Chantal were just finishing their meal and invited me to join them for a coffee. Henri is a retired lawyer and kindly offered to help me out with my nationality application if I ever get around to doing it.
Saturday (13th) I went to the market coming back in time to meet  Nicole for the lunch we should have had yesterday had a childminding emergency not intervened. Ate out on the terrace and it was excellent. So delicately prepared, as you can see from the photos in the album.
Although there was no treadmill this morning, there wasn't any lazy time to be had. Sunday evening (14th) it was my turn to cook. Even though I'd done some prepping the day before there was some cleaning and the main course and dessert this evening's meal.
Still, being Sunady, I spent a couple of hours with various folk at the bar first for a tea and then a glass of wine.
Worked after lunch right up until my dinner guests arrived - Lynne, Rémi, Jacques, Mags and Jim. To cap it all, I managed to spill a pint of the poaching liquid that was to make the sauce for the fish pie. ****! And was I tired and frazzled! Talk about down to the wire.If not a riotous night, it was a pleasant one and Lynne brought a box of classy chocolates which will keep me going for days even though I won't be stinting myself.
In bed for 1am wondering why it had taken me so long to get everything done!
 

Other than that, the treadmill helped ease my conscience, I missed the 3 hour film "The Wild Pear Tree" shown at the cinéclub and there was even one night when I was in bed and sleeping by 11pm.
Weather:
17° - 22° sun, cloud, a fair bit of wind and some rain

No comments:

Post a Comment