Thursday 4 November 2010

Chimchiminchimcimcheree!

I'm not sure that I like the new Thursday morning regime. Committee meeting from 9-10.30am followed by the language exchange, programmed to finish at 12 noon. Of course having cut down the time, it ran over so it was quite late by the time we managed to get everyone out. I now have a lot of sympathy with the bar staff in Glasgow who were for ever telling us to "do your talking whlie you're walking!"Had the chiminey swept this afternoon even though the sweep said that it didn't need it but here if you don't do it every year, your insurance is invalid. A do-it-yourself job doesn't count either as it needs to be done by a registered sweep.
Had a walk with Jany this afternoon, she's still depressed and on my return belatedly started soaking the fruit for my Christmas cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment