Wednesday 30 September 2015

Good Things to Eat Every Day

27.9.15: Update
As I've had a couple of folk worrying that I hadn't been active on the blog for a while, I thought I'd better say that I'm fine; just been busy and when I'm not, I've been watching tv and as both need the computer, I can't do both.  Hope to catch up sooner or later. I have not abandoned writing about life here, so please don't abandone me!

Hi!
It's November and I'm back in business slowly catching up.. Current posts though are up to date. I'll try hard to keep it that way but I've said that before, haven't I? September's back posts are now done so there's just October to do..

A nothing special Sunday (27th) passed with a sunny morning giving 24° followed by cloud later.
Dinner at Netta's along with Barbara and Roger on Monday (28th) which had temperatures of 23°, cloud and sunshine.
Tuesday, (29th) a cool day, 18°, with drizzle in the evening. Michel came for lunch and carried on sorting the computer while I went off to my Spanish group. Made a ginger cake for tomorrow's MacMillan tea party before heading over to the bar for this month's apérobio
 with Barbara and Lynn. Nico did a super job again with the tapas
 and was well pleased by our enthusiasm. His imagination knows no bounds! Well, I guess it makes a welcome change from something and chips and his sunnier disposition is to be welcomed.
Today, (30th) Maggie had planned to have the McMillan tea party that she organised on the terrace of the bar as it was closed but the heavy rain put paid to that which was a shame. Set up instead we squeezed ourselves into the little (non-functioning) chapel up the road. I was lucky enough to be selling raffle tickets so had a chair and a bit of elbow room. There were loads of good things to eat and people were extremely generous with donations and buying raffle tickets. We raised £600 in 2 hours and it was all down to Maggie.
Came home and baked another cake to take for this evening's meal at Maud and Daniel's where I'd been invited with Michel. Having worked overseas, Maud did us an exotic meal which was very tasty. Poor things  had just returned home from a few days away to find their back garden completely ploughed up by wild boar which seem to be more destructive this year than usual. Wonder when a "Civet de Sanglier" will be on the menu!  http://www.therealboar.co.uk/recipes_p08.html


No comments:

Post a Comment