Wednesday 31 May 2017

Ready for the off again

31.5.17: Back on the Bus
6.30am with the blog in the post, I took myself down to the departure point where a bus was waiting to take 27 of us up to Normandy. Gosh, that was a short night.
The bus stopped every couple of hours which was welcome even though most of us had two seats to ourselves and could stretch our legs. Read and watched a couple of downloads. There was an overnight stay in Niort at the comfortable Hotel Moka http://www.mokahotelniort.com/ where I shared a room with Mme the General.
We had a walk around this pleasant town and had a look in the church. dinner at "Le César" on a pedesrtianised boulevard opposite the park, was included inthe deal.
https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g196667-d1212703-Reviews-Le_Cesar-Niort_Deux_Sevres_Nouvelle_Aquitaine.html
Obviously a well heeled town that gave the impression of being a laid back but animated place to live.
Weather:
Rain en route, overcast

30.5.17: Running out of Time
Michel called around quite early this morning bringing a present for having kept his car while he was away travelling for 3 months. Then JJ came to look over my tax return. It was so good to press the send button on the computer.
Walked once more to Viv and Pepe's for lunch and yippee, it was the right day. Terry and Ann managed to get it right first time. It was a rather longer affair than I'd expected, especially as we'd seen each other last Thursday so I had to leave straight after dessert as I had an appointment at the beautician's.
Caught up with the blog until the end of April so I could get a written copy off to Mum before I go on the twinning trip to Normandy. Of course there were a load of other things to do including packing which meant that it was 1.30am before I got to bed.
Weather:
24°, overcast all day, light rain at the end of the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment