Friday 26 May 2017

Eating in, Eating out

26.5.17: Still on the Wagon
Oh, - - - - - ! The GP wants me to continue the antibiotics for another 3 months. what's more, I'm no cut out gluten and sugar. Sorry, not humanly possible. The gluten I think I'll manage but I'll no doubt cheat a little on the sugar. Luckily fruit is ok but it's all a bit drastic.
Am still putting off the tax return; this time with doing some tidying in the cave. There's just the pub to do but this heat isn't really conducive to a big clean up.
Went to have my fringe trimmed, walked to the museum to buy a bag made from cork as a present (it's a cork museum) but it was closed, toed and froed to the Mairie trying to arrange replacement rooms for the Spanish workshops. All this and it wasn't even 6pm.
Then there was a vernissage in Christian's room. The exhibition was of some lovely watercolours of seascapes.
There was of course, an apéritif but sadly, not so many people there to enjoy it.
Dropped into the bar when I came out where the village aging rock singer was to perform but I didn't stay long.
Weather:
23°, sun

25.5.17: Cooking for Friends
Today's the Ascension and a public holiday. Had coffee at the bar with Nicole P and Maryvonn and we were later (well, actually just as I was about to leave) joined by Ann and Terry. Stayed a bit longer and then went home to prepare for dinner with Viv and Pepe, Terry and Ann. Jean-Jacques had been coming but had had a better offer and gone off to Bordeaux. Well, who wouldn't?
I prepared some canapés, cooked chicken and chorizo and Ann brought an enormous fruit salad. Was a good evening. Should have taken a photo but didn't!
Weather:
32° sun

24.5.17: 2nd Sitting
Finally decided that it was time to take up the ashes as I don't think that a fire will be on the aganda until next winter. Come to think of it, not even then as I'm planning to put in a pellet burning stove.
Prepared a duck, mango and rice salad to take over to a buffet lunch at Eamon and Liz's. took the bus over but this time, there was no lift.
Weather:
30°, sun

23.5.17: Oops!
Another up and out morning; this time for my monthly blood test to make sure that my liver isn't suffering from the antibiotic I'm taking. Another lift was forthcoming, this time with Patrick. Zoomed around the supermarket, had coffee back in the village with Nicole P and then walked over to Pepe and Viv's for lunch. Oh dear, was my face red and not from the heat. The table was laid for 4 not 5 and there was a couple there whom I didn't know! That's right, I was there on the wrong day. Despite being invited to stay, I left my gift and scuttled home to find what I could in the fridge.
Lazed around this afternoon instead of doing my tax return and did some unimportant sorting out.
In the evening there was one of our regular "apérobio" get - togethers. Barbara was here from UK and wore me out enthusing about absolutely everything that came up in discussion.
Weather:
27°, blue skies

22.5.17: This and That
Association Committee meeting first thing and afterwards I organised replacement rooms for a displaced language workshop. Had coffee with Nicole P; Philippe joined us later and Jean-Jacques later again.
Worked at the computer and chickened out of going to a Council meeting.
Weather:
24° sun and rain in the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment