Friday 6 May 2016

Quiet Few Days

6.5.16:
Some paperwork, coffee at bar where I chatted with Jean-Jacques a bit and read on the terrace. Saw JJ again later as he came around to make sure that I had the right papers to take to the tax office on Monday. Oooh, it's getting ever closer.
Then in the afternoon, I went for tea with Jackie, a rather shy women who's husband died the week that they moved to the village. Keeps herself largely to herself and doesn't come to things in the village so I don't really know her. Even so what with looking at her photos, eatiing macarons, chatting and trying to regulate a piece of exercise equipment I didn't see the 3 hours pass. Night in.
Weather:
19° sun, some cloud later
News:
Sadiq Khan elected Mayor of London Labour. Scots Nats back in.

4.5.16: Get a Grip, woman
Throat less sore. Even though it's a bank holiday (Ascension), the language exchage met and then went as usual to the bar. Had lunch with Viv, Pepe, Eddie and Nicole P sitting out on an all but full terrace. Home and went round in circles trying to create my "personal space" on a couple of institutional websites (nothing is ever easy or is me that's incompetant?). Once again Margaret and Izzy came to my rescue; I abandoned the task in hand in favour of tea at the bar. After which followed a very pleasant supper round at theirs. Wee sweet Millie (6 months old) kept both Grandma and myself captivated. Seems I can blow raspberries and talk baby-talk with the best of 'em. Gaga over a baby, excited by a mini supermarket opening? Now there's a suprise.
Weather:
19°, sun blue skies

4.5.16:
Went into town to finally develop the photos for Jacqueline and François and the first person that I met was Françoise. Off we went for a coffee and catch up. Home on the 11am bus and called into the new superette that opened this morning. What an improvement; well stocked shelves, cheery staff, plenty of room to get around. It's going to be a great boon for me.
Taking advantage of the warm weather, I swept the patio and steps, weeded the pots and collected the leaves. Before going to a talk on the spread of Christianity in Vallespir given by the mayor, I prepared some tapas for 8 of us. André and Nany, Michèle and Henri, Michel and Jean-Jacques, Françoise and myself made a merry little band and my latest inspiration (prunes stuffed with pieces of duck breast and cubes of pork fillet topped with sliced stem ginger) went down well and used up the leftovers in the fridge.
Weather:
22°

3.5.16:
Throat still sore but taking my "coratge" in my hands I started to sort my tax papers but what do you know? Izzy and Margaret who arrived yesterday, winkled me out for a coffee at the bar. Lone stopped by and joined us too.
In the evening Martine called in for a glass of cava then off we went for the last of the season "Soirée Guitares" at the bar. We even sat outside for a while as the interior was taken up by a huge paella pan that Nico was tending. Didn't stay too late as we were both tired.
Weather:
20°, lighter winds blue skies

2.5.16:
Paperwork for me, the women's group, the association and the blog before meeting Lynn to translate an article for her over coffee at the bar..
Weather:
19° but feeling cooler

No comments:

Post a Comment