Monday 1 January 2018

10th Anniversary

Who would have thought it? Certainly not me but I started Chitchat on 1st January 2018. There are still a few holes to fill but Maureen, I will try harder to keep up to date. So it's actually the 3rd and I have just got here from Christmas day.
OK now back to the 1st ....
Jean and Françoise came over for coffee bearing an invitation to go up to Ghislaine and Nicolas's for lunch. It was an age since I'd seen them so it was a pleasure to say "yes". We stopped off in Céret for our coffee and found that there were lots of people out and about doing the same or dancing the traditional New Year sardane in front of the Mairie. Of course there was an apéritif to spread even more good cheer but we gave that a miss. Met lots of people that I knew even one or two from the village. Jacques and Véronique among them. Apparently the neighbours weren't much after me going home last night.
It takes about 40 minutes to get to our destination but the drive in the sunshine up into the mountains was a bonus. Lunch was good, chat was abundant and there were the lambs to bring a smile to our faces.
Spent the evening watching the tv and don't laugh ..... knitting.
Weather:
18°, blue sky while the West of France was being battered by the tail end of hurricane Carmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment