Sunday 21 January 2018

When Flapjacks are the Highlight of your Weekend!

21.1.18: And then there were Two
What a surprise when I went out of my front door to go the the bar for coffee. The wind was warm! Nicole P, Florence and 5 others were there; just Nicole, Martine and I stayed on for a single course lunch.
I was expecting six folk in the evening for an apéritif dinatoire and as of yesterday morning, they started calling off until there was only Martine and myself! Was I right not to take it personnally?
Weather:
18°, cloudy

20.1.18: Downsizing
Went to the market with Florence; met Françoise and had a leisurely coffee. This afternoon Roger and Don came to pick up my old freezer, which is far too big, to take it to a good home.
I made some flapjacks for tomorrow night's guests; wait, who am I trying to kid? The Christmas cake being finished, there was nothing to go with my afternoon pot of tea and I've become used to having something sweet in the afternoon. By the way, I think it deserves more than the 3 stars it has on the website.
https://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/chocolate-and-ginger-flapjacks/
Weather:
18°, sunny spells and cloud

19.1.18: Nothing is ever as it seems here
Not having heard from the other builder since last week, I finally chased him up only to find that he'd been and had an estimate in his car ready to deliver. All that feeling guilty about taking my eye off the ball for nothing. Took the opportunity when he arrived to whisk him back around to Margaret's to look at the verandah. Said it wasn't for him but he recommended someone else. Family don't seem to be too bothered about how things are going as there's been next to no contact coming from their direction. I'm starting to wise up!
Lunch wth Maggie https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g196603-d11928905-Reviews-Restaurant_GuyMolas-Ceret_Pyrenees_Orientales_Occitanie.html that gave me the opportunity to have a good ol' moan; did me the world of good.
Home where telly and relaxation was on the agenda.
Weather:
16° sun, rain overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment