Sunday 28 January 2018

Nothing to Set the Heather Alight

28.1.18: Ashamedly Lazy Sunday
Coffee then an apéritif at the bar.
Blog catch up.
Pottering, drinking tea and watching tv.
Weather:
16°, sun and blue sky

27.1.18: No Flowers, No Computer
Coffee at the bar while I waited for my lift to the market with Michel. Market was quiet with both fewer stall holders and fewer shoppers.
What else was there to do on a  wet afternoon but to curl up on the settee and watch a couple of films.
Weather:
11°, cloud and rain

26.1.18: Less TV than Usual!
Well, they were right about the rain which meant that Maggie and I cancelled our trip to the dump. No great hardship there. Did some cooking, had a late coffee at the bar with Nicole and then stayed on for lunch with Nany.
Saw Martine at flower making in the afternoon and we'd both come to the conclusion that the Costa Brava is best left until more accomodation is available. We'll try Girona instead.
Despite having had a cuppa and some chocolate while we worked I'd just made a pot of tea at home when Michel phoned to invite me around for a drink. Rapidly abandoned the tea in favour of a glass of red wine.
Weather:
12°, cloud and rain

25.1.18: Communication Vagaries
Language exchange during which I had the two most boring participants in my group. Even a cuppa at the bar did little to lift my spirits as there was the prospect of paper flower making later on.
Double wammy! My heart sank as I found myself making flowers next to this morning's boring woman who didn't stop bending my ear for the next 2 hours. Highlight of the afternoon was tea and galettes.
In the evening there was the AGM of the twinning association which focussed on the visit from the Normans at the end of April. I'm putting up 3 people who I don't think I've ever met. There was a bit of discord as the visit has been arranged at the same time as an association holiday to Portugal. As the two associations have many of the same members, it was all rather stupid. What happened to communication? All ended well with an apéritif to bring the meeting to a close.
There was good news though; the builder has been and put a tarpaulin over Margaret's roof but without her having accepted the estimate! Just in time though; rain is forecast for the next couple of days.
Martine and I left early and nipped into the bar next door to discuss our project to get away from time to time together. Decided to look for something on the Costa Brava.
Weather:
14°, cloudy

24.1.18: Maison pour Tous to the Rescue
Isn't it just the way? I had to send some papers toute de suite to complete my dossier for the grant but the scanner played up with 2 pages still to go. Luckily, the MpT, the Maire's information centre, did it for me. All a bit of a rush as I had to be at Margaret's for 10.15am to meet the insurance assessor. Of course, he was late and I can tell you, it was a cold, dismal ¾ hour until he came.
In the afternoon, Terry and Ann invited me to join them in a trip to the shopping mall in La Jonquera; looked around but as usual, there was nothing to inspire other than a welcome cuppa.
Linde came for supper after which we watched the "Queen of Katwe" about a young Ugandan woman coming from the Katwe slums who went on to be a chess champion. Watch it if you can; it's a nice "feel good" movie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Katwe
Weather:
14°, sun and cloud

23.1.18: Water Everywhere but in the Tap
 My first task was to fill buckets, kettles and a baby bath with water as there was to be a cut at 9am and no indication as to when it would be reestablshed.
Strolled around and sat reading in the sun in Céret while Yasmin was at the doctor's. Had a lengthy coffee before lunch at home.
Afternoon in front of the computer and Jean-Jacques came for an apéro in the evening.
Weather:
19°, sun

22.1.18: Early Start to the Week
Committee meeting first thing.
Inspection visit by the organisation that's giving me a grant toward the work in the house.
Coffee at bar.
Computer.
Apérobio: All present and correct.
Sorry that the photo doesn't capture the number of bees being busy going about their business on this winter honeysuckle. It was quite a sight.
Weather:
19°, sun

No comments:

Post a Comment