Friday 5 January 2018

Still Warm and Sunny

5.1.18: A Royal Flush
Had a bit of a lie in, sorted out the freezer and did some work on the computer.
This evening over 80 of us got together to listen to the President of the Association present her New Year's wishes, eat galettes des rois and drink cider or wine. I found the lucky charm hidden inside the tart without breaking a tooth and got to wear a crown.
At home, I haven't need to light the stove all week. Just amazing
Weather:
17° sun

4.1.18: Coping with the Local Bus Timetable
First language exchange after a two week break and then of course there was a cuppa afterwards. I'm doing well with giving a glass of vino a miss, aren't I?
The afternoon was a bit of a marathon as the bus I needed to take for an appointment with the podiatrist arrived 2.5 hours in advance. Fortunately, the sun was shining and so I parked myself on a bench and caught up on all my emails and New Year's greetings. It was all very pleasant as you acn see fromthe photo. Then I had a walk to stretch my legs and went to the library to watch a film that I'd downloaded. My appointment didn't take long but didn't finish in time for me to get the 4.55pm bus back to the village; missed it by 7 minutes. So another wait; this time an hour and a half. Went back to the library and then when it closed I went for a coffee . All this may seem like a waste of time but quite honestly, I wouldn't have been doing anything different at home and the bonus was that I was out in the sun and had a bit of a walk.
Arrived home just before 7pm and tucked into a tasty bowl of soup in front of the tv.
Weather:
19°, blue sky, wind wasn't quite so warm

03.01.18: Catching Up
Another Stay at Home Day. Didn't get farther that the terrace where there was a balmy breeze making it possible to leave the patio doors open wide. Spent this morning catching up with the Association website and this afternoon catching up with the blog. Another blazing sunset this evening.
Weather:
21° blue sky and some cloud. As I write, it's 7.45pm and still 19°!

No comments:

Post a Comment