Thursday 18 January 2018

An Awful lot of Boring Stuff!

18.1.18: Boring Insects
Language exchange, tea afterwards at the bar but couldn't stick it out for too long as there was noisy work going on and some horrible smelly product being used.
Had a "expert" come from a company in Perpignan to check over my beams as there is some wordworm that needs treated. He wasn't in the least bit pessimistic as said it wasn't that bad. Phew! but no doubt it will soon cost a goodly sum to deal with but I won't go there for the time being.
this evening went with Michel to La Jonquera to do some shopping and then went back to his for a bowl of pumkin and orange soup which I'll definetly give a go myself.
Weather:
16°, blue sky and sunshine

17.1.18: Eventually Tackling the Boring Jobs
The buider's estimate to cover the roof arrived but he had the wrong address on it! Had he been to the wrong place? Had he been to the right place but got the address wrong or had he not been at all? Nothing to do but go and have a look. There was no house at the address that he'd put but I didn't get a view of the plastic sheeting blowing in the wind. Met the neighbour who said that someone had been on the roof so it would seem that I'd been suspicious for nothing.
This was my one bit of excitement for the day as the rest of the time was spent cleaning.
Weather:
16°, sunny and windy

16.1.18: Great Hosts, Boring Guests
Nothing much in the morning
Dentist in the afternoon after a pleasurable sit in the sun while waiting for the surgery to open.
Dinner at Yasmin's with four other Brits (won't go into details). Interesting conversations with her husband and lovely Persian food made up for having an English view of the world during the evening.
Weather:
19°, sun

15.1.18: Boring Start, Better Finish
Domestic stuff then coffee with Nicole at the bar. in the afternoon I went hunting for the meeting about this year's carnival. I got the right place but the wrong time. Rather than go back, I went and checked Margaret's after yesterday's rain but no new signs of damage so  once back home, I abandoned the idea of going to the meeting, made a pot of tea and ate Xmas cake.
even though I was feeling weary, I went over to the bar for a folk evening. It was mostly American but there was a very talented young (well, in comparison to the others) who played Irish music on a mandolina. Did me the world of good to have a bit of pep to chase away "Blue Monday"!
Weather:
13°, sunny start , cloudy later

No comments:

Post a Comment