Wednesday 3 January 2018

January?

03.01.18: Catching Up
Another Stay at Home Day. Didn't get farther that the terrace where there was a balmy breeze making it possible to leave the patio doors open wide. Spent this morning catching up with the Association website and this afternoon catching up with the blog. Another blazing sunset this evening.
Weather:
21° blue sky and some cloud. As I write, it's 7.45pm and still 19°!

02.01.18: A Good Walk and a Good Meal
Françoise came over to celebrate the reopening of the café with me. It's amazing what an important part of life it is. Later on I walked over, enjoying the views as I went, to Maggie's for a lunch to celebrate Trevor's birthday. Annette, Jo and Chris were the other guests and venison was on the menu. It was beautifully tender. There was needless to say, champagne to kick off with and at the end Trevor opened the bottle of "Black Grouse" that I'd taken him. He obliged me to take a dram and very easy it was to drink too.
The mile+ walk home was just right to ease the conscience and eliminate some, though sadly not all, the calories.
Spent the night in.
Weather:
17°, sun, cloudy later

No comments:

Post a Comment