Wednesday 12 January 2011

Vœux du Maire

We arrived to music for the annual ritual of the Maire's New Year greetings this evening at the village hall. surrounded by his trusty team (take a bow, Christian), this provided an opportunity for him to talk about what's been achieved over the last year and what he hopes to achieve over the next 12 months. There was standing room only in the hall so I was quite pleased to have to leave to go and take my turn to lead the association's English Workshop. We worked on a text about the Loch Ness monster which the French are fascinated by. There were still people in the hall when I'd finished so I nipped in and had a small glass of wine and a couple of peanuts.
Oh yes, and I also translated a piece to go on the Mairie's campsite website as the its designers had obviously used an automatic translator that just churned out rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment