Sunday 2 August 2015

Twins and Tourists, Drummers and Dining

2.8.15:
Today, it was the turn of our twin just over the border where about 20 of us from here went to support their village festival. Always a very pleasant day with a small market. Music was provided by a bateria (Brazilian style percussion band) made up of young and not so young drummers. Noisy, infectious and great fun. Unfortunately, lunch was a very long time coming. The restaurant had too many people (we were a table of 24) and not enough staff. Bread was extra and vat not included so working out individual bills became impossible so we just divided it. My meal (minus the add ons) was 13.90€ and I ended up paying 23€ for a very simple meal! They overcharged on the bill which Nany spotted and there were one or two other things that I won't bore you with which I'm sure upped the bill unnecessarily. Don't want to sound mean but it's not the first time  that I've felt ripped off there. Anyway, let's not get bogged down in my penny pinching.
When we finally managed to get away from the table, we headed for a mint tea served in a little, typical Morrocan "encampment on the square outside the church. Once refreshed, we made a beeline for home and I can tell you I was pleased to rest for it had been a long day.
Weather:
28° Sun and blue skies

1.8.15:
Didn't get to the market until late and trying to get around wasn"t much of a pleasure. The next three weeks are the height of the tourist season so we"ll just need to grin and bear it. There were millions of people on the roads and rail this weekend and today, jams of over 800km were reported.
This evening I wandered down to th recreation ground where there was a paella and dance, just to show my face and say "welcome back" to Bruno, Christine and Agnes from our Normandy twin town who are here for a week. Didn't even stay for a drink but came home, put my feet up and caught up with some old Inspector Linley episodes.
Weather:
28° Clearer skies and sun

No comments:

Post a Comment