Friday 2 September 2016

As Pretty as the Picture

The day couldn't have been better for a wedding. Blue skies and not a cloud to be seen. Met up with the two Nicole's for a coffee in the other village bar before we all went over to the Mairie to watch the deed being done. The legal bit that was performed by André was done with the requisite amount of ceremony otherwise it was a relaxed affair with a few touches of humour. André spoke in English at the end much to the delight of the British contingent and needless to say, the bride looked really pretty, much to the delight of all. From the Mairie, she walked up to the bar for the family and close friends meal and in the evening there was a do for 90 of us; paella, free flowing cava then wine accompanied by gypsy music that had me dancing non-stop. I can just imagine how surprised you may be to read this but let me tell you, I even surprised myself!
Weather:
32°, sun

No comments:

Post a Comment