Saturday 10 April 2010

Sport of Kings

Well, I don't suppose I need to tell you what we did this morning - in case you need a clue, it's Saturday. As well as the usual stuff, however we did go to a vernissage of an exhibition of pastels in the library. The artist Pierre lives in the village so there were a number of familiar faces to be seen. Had a quick coffee with Kathy and Gilles in the sunshine and then it was home for lunch and to prepare pica pica for this evening. We did watch the Grand National which is always very exciting. At one point there was a 17 year old up with the leaders who I hoped would do well but he faded in the final stages and came 5th. Still all credit to him for finishing and to his mount "Hello Bud" who is a Scottish Grand National winner. Ah, that takes me back to a few trips to Ayr races and if I remember rightly I did once back the Scottish Grand National winner. Obviously it wasn't much of a win as I kept on working for quite a while after that! Still, I digress...
The pica pica was fun and we were able to stay outside until after 9pm and the great thing about such an evening is that all the work is done beforehand andthere isn't a lot of washing up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment