Monday 31 May 2010

Day Off

For the first time there's no visit to Christian as I've decided as he's home for the weekends to only go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Joined Michel for lunch at Juste and Joséphine's so having eaten well, I didn't have to prepare anything in the evening. Watched a BBC drama about Anne Lister, an 19th century lesbian diarist who wrote "I love and only love the fairer sex and thus beloved by them in turn, my heart revolts from any love but theirs." (Anne Lister, Journals, Oct 29, 1820) Way in advance of her time she single - mindedly sought her own economic independence and didn't care what 'polite society' thought of her. After that I spent more time than was good for me surfing the net in search of appetising, low fat meals - what on earth would Anne have thought ... as if I need to ask!.

No comments:

Post a Comment