Tuesday 18 May 2010

Treatment Programme

Out of bed once again, Christian is brighter than yesterday. The cardiologist has decided to put in a stent and then send him for 3 weeks "réeducation" at Banyuls in a centre which overlooks the sea. He's a bit half-hearted about it probably because it will involve excercise! While it will be another stretch away from home and more difficult to get to, I think that it's a good idea. At least he'll be learning how to manage his life from here on in and hopefully establish some good habits. My day has been a bit more varied. I took the bus into Perpignan and had a quick look around a couple of shops. We really should make more effort to come in especially as there is no need to take the car. The sun was shining and people were enjoying sitting out. Had lunch in the hospital canteen of an orange, roll and a tea plate sized salad (no protein) for what I thought was an outrageous price of 7.10€. The Mayor and his wife called in and Marcelle and Jean-Claude picked me up as they had an appointment in town. This evening I was invited along with Barbara to Nick and Lizzie's for soup and a bbq which we ate outside followed by dessert and coffeee inside. Now I suppose I'd better start and look at transport possibilities ....

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ruth,
    I'm looking at the picture above and thinking how full of spirit and joy you and Christian are.
    I'm thinking of you.
    It's a relief to know that a least the food in UK hospitals can rival the French system!
    Sending my love from Cambridge in the middle of exam term! I can't wait to share stories with you both.
    Rozelle xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete