Wednesday 19 May 2010

On the Table

Imagine my anxiety when I went to the hospital at 2.30pm with Geneviève and found that Christian wasn't in his room. When I spoke to hima t 8.30am he was waiting to go down to theatre for the stent implantation. He finally reappeared at 3.30pm having had to wait several hours for his turn. I was amazed that he could sit in his chair and having been fasting since midnight, of course, the lad was hungry. Instead of coming back with Geneviève I decided to stay with him and take the bus back at 6.30pm which meant that I was late getting to the neighbourhood meal in the little square in front of the church. First of all I had to finish off the Millionaire's shortbread that I'd made with what I thought was the French equivalent of condensed milk. It hadn't set solid and oozed out from under the chocolate topping when it was cut which made it more like a dessert than a slice. Never-the-less it went down a bomb as did the whisky fruit cake. Oh yes, the theme was food from different countries. Only stayed until about 9.30pm when I went home to catch up with Holby and surf the net. Must try to get to bed earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment