Tuesday 11 May 2010

Magical Mystery Tour

A big adventure today as I travelled on the bus into Perpignan for the first time in the 13 years that we have been here. It took me a while to find my connection to the clinc and lo and behold one of the stops was at the railway station where the bus had stopped on the way in . Still it wasn't raining at that point and I was able to soak up the buzz of the city. Joëlle and Daniel picked me up and I had lunch with them and stayed until it was time to go for the afternoon visit. The bus takes much longer of course but next week I'll need to take it more regularly rather than keep relying on friends. What's even better is that the you can travel on Deparmental buses for 1€ so I can get to the hospital and back for 4.20€
Home to catch up with phone calls and learn that the lucky people of UK now have a Tory PM. Didn't catch all the toing and froing as the satellite box is on the blink and keeps losing the signal. Just when I could do with a break from all the other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment