Thursday 24 April 2008

Books, Roses, Dragons and Phew!

At last a moment to draw breathe. Sant Jordi and the Mairie have been keeping us occupied. Much to my relief everything went well yesterday even though I had to go and search for Jean-Louis (who was suffering from the night before) to open up and at the end to give a wee thank you speech in French. The day started with cleaning the terrace photographic evidence in twice; the butcher offered the old folk an apéritif and Armand gave the women a rose as is traditional. Christian said that there was already a space on the bench with my name on it for next year when I get my pension. The sun shone, there were plenty of people who came along bought books and enjoyed the afternoon. Rounded the day off with 13 of us going into Catalunya Sud/Spain for something to eat in a lorry drivers' restaurant. A plate full of grilled fish for 8€. Eat your heart out, Rick Stein!

No comments:

Post a Comment