Monday 8 July 2013

Fresh Mountain Air

Elsa went off with David, Laura and Martine for a day kayaking. She came back exhausted and only had about an hour to snooze before we went up into the mountains for Chritian's surgery. While he was busy (not), we went and saw Annette. A cold drink on her terrace looking out over the wooded mountains was really relaxing and of course, it was cooler than down in the village. Still, beautiful views do not outweigh the isolation of living up a very windy, narrow road, for me. Give me a bar, I mean bakery, within walking distance. Elsa and I then walked back down to the restaurant where we ate heartily without feeling guilty. The menu stays the same, it's just gone up by 50cts which still makes it a great deal. Duck of course for me, Christian had steak and Elsa lamb. Rounded off the evening with a a glass of rosé at the bar then bed before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment