Sunday 22 November 2015

"Le Temps fuit sans Retour"

22.11.15:
Had a longer lie in this morning though not as long as I would have liked. Coffee in the bar with Nicole P and Nicole S. A lazy afternoon catching up with the Scandi crime drama  "Arne Dhal". Just the last two to go and then I can move on to "The Bridge" with the wonderful women cop"Saga Noren".
This evening there was a concert in aid of the Téléthon. Piano and flute. Lovely music and appropriately it's St Celia's, patron saint of music and musicians, feast day  Left the church with the music of Offenbach's "Bacarolle" in my ears and the memory of "Oh, Babuska" from Christian's favourite Fureys albums. I couldn't find either a decent clip of it or Phil Coulter's lyrics so have settled on this classical version with a video of the sea instead. The title of the post comes from the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yenFBRNAI
Glad I did this bit of research; learnt a few things while wrapping my thoughts of Christian in beautiful images, words and music.
Weather:
11° Cloudy with sunny spells

21.11.15:
It was a chilly one this morning; temperatures have plummeted. Still managed to go to the market and during a brief sunny spell have a coffee on the terrace of the bar where the Brits hang out. There were only 4 to start but when others rolled in, Nicole V and I beat a retreat to Lidl. Did some early Xmas chocolate shopping ready for my young visitors.
Could have gone chopping veg this afternoon for tomorrow's Téléthon meal but I gave it a miss and didn't move far from the settee. Well, that's until 7pm when I headed over to Jean-Jacques for supper with him and Alain who's here on a visit. Lots of interesting tapas and of course cava and red wine
Weather:
13°, feeling colder in the strong winds. A few light rain showers. Snow on Canigou.

No comments:

Post a Comment