Friday 20 November 2015

W.I., Here I Come

20.11.15:
Qi Gong this morning. How quickly things come around. "The Swimming Dragon" is a particularly pleasing exercise to do.  Hearing the river flowing in the background just added to the experience and if only I can keep it up, it'll do me good.
Of course I went to the bar for a bowl of soup before lunch to fortify myself for more jam making.
Walked over to Ann and Terry's for dinner and temperatures were dropping. We had a typically British roast chicken meal with just about every vegetable you could think of. There was even gravy too. Mum would have loved (she does stretch to garlic but otherwise can't be doing with anything mildly different!) and I have to say, it was pretty good. Maggie, Annette and I all went for second helpings.
Weather:
20°, sunshine with cloud later and dropping temperatures

19.11.15:
Actually participated in the Language exchange this morning after which there was the usual glass of wine at the bar. Had a hurried lunch at home before going back to continue with the jam making amid the heady smells coming from several huge, bubbling preserving pans.
On the way passed the bar, Jean-Louis said that been soup available but none of us had ordered any. How could we? He didn't tell us! sometimes I despair about certain folks organisational skills. Once home, I stayed home and caught up with loads of admin and computer stuff, finanlly getting to bed at 2pm. Yes, I know, it's far too late.
Weather:
23°, sunshine

18.11.15:
Went to French conversation after quite a long absence and it was my lucky day. One of the Belgian members was celebrating her birthday with cava and macorons. Mmmm. It certainly helped lubricate our tongues.
In the afternoon, the Téléthon jam making began. Melon, orange and lemon. Loads of it; there was enough for 500 pots. It was good being involved in a team effort cutting, chopping and chatting. all part of village life.
You give some and you get even more back.
Had a pleasant evening at Jean and Françoise's where I got to know Hélène and Mohammed better through  lots of interesting conversation. and there's more to come as we're invited to theirs for a tajine in a few weeks time. See what I mean.
Weather:
22°, sun


No comments:

Post a Comment