Friday 11 December 2015

Golden Oldies

It's that time of year when the finery comes out, more makeup than usual is slapped on and a good time is had by all. Yes, folks, it's the OAPs' lunch! There was however, time for a coffee at the bar with James first. I felt and looked overdressed for the place but what the heck.
Arrived at the hall half an hour early to help Dani and Ann save our table. They'd learnt last year that Senior Citizen's are not averse to moving in on places that have been saved; they're pretty lethal with their elbows when the apéritifs are made available too. Another first under my belt; this year I was in the body of the hall rather than at the Councillors' table. Ours was an international affair with Brits, French, Swedes, Belgians and a Bolivian. The food was good, the wine flowed and the dancing helped work off some calories. Stopped off at the bar on the way back with Ann and Terry for a cuppa and more chat. Once home I realised that I'd left my camera in the hall but it was too late to do anything about it. Hope someone has it safe. This photo was taken by Nicole, so for once here's me!
Weather:
14° Sunshine and cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment