Friday 18 December 2015

Non-stop

This morning brought a shock to my rather sluggish system with a 7am departure with Maggie for the supermarket over the border. Of course, so early we sailed through the frontier and had to wait for it to open. That must be a first! Anyway, it was worth it as we got around in record time and were back home before 9am. I had a "Jingle Bells" meeting over a coffee with Dani later on in preparation for our visit to the kids at the after-school centre. Starting to get nervous already.
Jean-Claude, my neighbour, kindly came by to
 fix up a curtain rail for me and in the afternoon, I set to and made 20 litres of mulled wine for tomorrow's Christmas market.
Two engagements this evening. Incredibly, I'd turned down another 4. First a whistle stop visit to one of the English language groups for their Christmas celebrations where I sat through some seasonal vocabulary, had a drink, received some flowers from Jean-Pierre (on my right) and then ran for the bus.
Jean was at the bus stop to meet me to go around to Mohmmed and Hélène's for a tajine. Sadly, I managed to leave the Christmas cake I was taking to my hosts on the bus. My head is all over the place at the moment. Lucky for me I had my flowers. Didn't like giving them away but that was better than going empty handed. Needless to say, it was a good night.
Driving home, we passed the recreation ground and I had to laugh seeing a group of young people sitting at a portable picnic table having a drink. It looked so bizarre!
Weather:
16°, cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment