Thursday 3 December 2015

Keeping Abreast of Things

Took myself (or rather Colin and Lynn picked me up at the bus stop) back to the tax office to try and tie up both sides of the channel and my new status. The woman I met was very pleasant but told me that that the best thing to do was to wait until May and the next tax year. It was all a bit of a waste of time though shedid  said I could make an appointment with her and she'd help me with the two returns that I need to complete. That can only be useful even if it does feel as if I'm just putting off the evil day as I just know it's going to be complicated. Bumped into Françoise in the town and we went for a coffee before I got the bus home. Met the exchangers at the bar and stayed on for soup with Ann and Terry. Not convinced that it was homemade but whatever, it was very tasty.
Back in the house, I caught up with the blog before meeting, David, Martine and Maggie at the restaurant for dinner. My dessert was chocolate coated chocolate mousse a bit like an inflated "Tunnock's Teacake" but with the addition of a raspberry sitting on the top. Scots among you will know what I'm talking about but at the end of the day it was very like a breast complete with nipple!
Weather:
16° Feeling humid, warmed up in the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment