Wednesday 23 December 2015

Doors, Bells and Flying Plates.

23.12.15:
The family went off to Spain for the day so it was a quiet time for me catching up with all those bits and pieces (mainly to do with the Association) that have been waiting to be done for days. I did take time out though to have a coffee.
Weather:
16°

22.12.15:
Dani, Emma and I jingled all the way to the after-school care centre. Two groups of eight each to learn "Jingle Bells" while shaking the ones that we'd managed to gather together. The under 7s really just made a noise but the eights and up had a surprising level of English vocab. Despite my failing voice and tickly cough that I've had since Sunday (I blame the damp at the market), the time passed quickly and we departed unscathed; Emma with a bag of chocolate Santas. We needed a drink after that and Jean-Jacques who'd come to the bar to say "hello" to the family, came back with us for lunch.
Supermarket in the afternoon and then in the evening over to Jean and Françoise's for dinner. Emma was a great hit as was Jean with the kids. They couldn't believe that he'd been a maths teacher especially when Françoise asked him to pass the plates and he said "catch" and threw plates to Hugo and Valérie frisby style. Of course, caught unawares, neither of them did! Françoise called a halt at this point while there was still somethinh to eat off. There was also great fun taking photos through a kalaedascope. The photo is of Hugo though on second thoughts you could be forgiven for thinking at first glance that it was a football.
Weather:
13°, cloudy


21.12.15:
Spent the morning following our neighbourhood advent calendar. 24 houses were issued with envelopes with a number on and on the day corresponding to the number, they were opened and the card (individually decorated) were displayed. It was fun going through the streets looking to see who had done what. Just by chance, the trail ended up by the bar where we stopped off for an apéro before lunch.
Wee Emma who's nearly 8 sat on my lap, cuddled in and asked me why Papy had left me. I explained he hadn't as he was always with me in my heart. I could almost shed a tear thinking about her concern.
Ann and Terry called by and came in for an early evening drink. Dinner then early to bed early.
Weather:
Mild, blus skies

20.12.15:
In need of a quiet day and lucky for me all was ready for the arrival of the family. None of the women
who come for a coffee at the bar were available so there wasn't any temptation to linger.
Valérie, Guillaume and the three children arrived in time for an apéritif and diner "en famille".
Weather:
Mild , cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment